Automated Order Fulfillment Solutions & High-Speed Labeling for Pharmacy Fulfillment
CASI’s Automated Pharmacy Order Fulfillment Solutions & High-Speed Labeling for Pharmacy Fulfillment are designed for high-volume, central fill facilities. CASI’s pharmacy order fulfillment solutions are compatible with wave-picked orders and feature automated tote decant.
What does CASI’s Automated Pharmacy Order Fulfillment do?
- Central Fill Pharmacy – Allows high-speed labeling of prepacked medicines in central fill pharmacies.
- When the prescription order is received, the central fill pharmacy either wave picks or dispenses the order, and the CASI Pharmacy Automation Solution, patient labels and consolidates by the patient.
- Scan verification – Ensures the correct product is assigned to the correct patient, and the image is captured of the labeled package.
- After order consolidation, the CASI auto decants tote and automatically dispenses the order into a polyshipper or box.
- Up to 80 prescriptions can be labeled and sorted per minute.
- Patient documents can be printed and automatically inserted with the order.
- Minimal operator interaction is required.
- Highly modular. Fits any pharmacy size.
- CASI’s automatic bagging solution includes checkweigh verification.
CASI’s Pharmacy Automation Technology
- Automatic Labeling – Accurate labeling of unit-of-use boxes utilizing precision robot labeling technology.
- Automatic Document printing, folding, queueing, inserting, and verifying.
- Automatic Bagging of orders using a CASI Automated Decanting Tote.
- Remote QA – pharmacist inspection and approval operation from anywhere in the world.
- Provides for a building block solution enabling future expansion capacity.
- CASI’s standard design reduces complexity and increases reliability.
- Modules are equipped with wheels allowing for easy site positioning and future new site re-deployment.
- All modules are “plug and play” (just roll them in, set their feet, attach the feeds, and plug them in).
- All modules make use of a common set of reliable parts, reducing the need for large spare depots.
- Each module is equipped with an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) to allow for graceful shutdown.
Patient Order Safety
- Each CASI Automated Decant Tote has a unique barcode identifier to track orders in progress.
- Each bagged order is automatically weighed and verified against a calculated expected order weight
- Orders are filled in CASI Automated Decant Tote that inhibits physical access to items.
- Orders have full traceability and event recording throughout the system, which allows easy troubleshooting.
- Every module utilizing robots has doors that sense opening and automatically shut off robot movement.
- The system implements Emergency Cut Off devices to halt automation equipment in an emergency.
- Energy-efficient and quiet conveyor components turn on and off automatically per zone as needed.
- Modules incorporate redundant components allowing continued operation during a component failure.
- Operator handling of totes with exceptions occurs before automatic bagging to allow easy inspection.
- Automatic bagging can automatically route orders to a bagging module with an appropriately sized bag.